Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Greetings and Opening Links

Hey there, and thanks for coming to visit my blog, All I Need to Know I Learned from Games! Or, in acronym form AINTKILFG. I'm working on that. The name itself I got from those kindergarten posters that posit "Everything I ever need to know I learned in kindergarten" - which, as I'm learning in my summer classes right now, is apparently not true. But enough about me for now, onto the good stuff.

For those of you who haven't heard of BlazBlue yet, it's a fighting game created as a spiritual successor to the Guilty Gear series. The game has some amazing and crazy character designs - in the following video you'll see Noel, who uses guns to attack almost exclusively in close range, and Ragna (who I think has the worst character design - He's viciously generic).



If you managed to preorder it before it was released on June 30th, you would've snagged a very nice soundtrack and DVD with tips to get started. In addition, Gamestop was giving out a nice art book if ordered online. All of theses for the regular retail price of $60. I should be getting my copy in a few days, and I'll keep ya updated. Available on both XBOX 360 and PS3.

(scores from wikipedia)

Playstation: The Official Magazine awarded the console version a 4.5/5 stars[5]

Game Informer awarded the console version a 7.75/10.[6]

OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) awarded the console version an 8.0/10.

Hardcore Gamer Magazine awarded the console version a 5/5. [7]

IGN awarded the console version a 9.4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment