Thursday, August 20, 2009

School and other things

So school is starting pretty soon. Monday in fact. I'm happy to go back and see all my friends, but the departure is always bittersweet. I'll miss the time after summer classes ended where I had nothing to do. Now, suddenly, I can feel the crush of homework and responsibility again. I guess this means no more narrow escapes from the police, playing cards in tents on roofs, going to IHOP at 5 in the morning, and everything else I now associate with summer. It also means I have to finalize my classes, get CITI certified for my research group, move all my shit, buy new books, etc. Unfortunately, school worries are just compounded by personal ones. Once I'm back in school I'll be happier, but just because I forget about some of my problems doesn't mean they'll go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment